Sunday, March 15, 2009

glittering glue

Rolo says this is 6/9 of 'the blinking lights'. Here are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
----

I was panicking when we reached Arlene's place, but I tried to make sure my
breaths were in proper rotation. Something had gone wrong with my steps. It was
the smaller numbers. I always seemed to get those in a mess. I tried to remember
what the numbers were, but the smell of leather cooking sausages broke my train
of thought.

This was Aunty Septic's recipe, well reknowned on the streets. You just roll the
sausages in a leather belt, or handbag, or maybe, a jacket, and you smoke the
sausages within them. One bite could keep your taste buds tingling for a day.
Which was great, because usually, given the number of people who came to
Arlene's place, one bite is all you'd probably get.

We squeezed our way through the shoulders and knees of the others. Rolo told me
where to sit down. "I'm just off to see Arlene about tomorrow night," he said,
winking at me. "Don't you worry - you'll be fine till I get back."

I clasped my bottle of Jolt and nodded. If Rolo said things were going to be ok,
they probably would be. As he walked off, I looked around. The smell of the
leather sausages caught my nose again.

No comments:

Post a Comment