Saturday, March 14, 2009

the blinking lights

Rolo says this is 1/9 of 'the blinking lights'. Here are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
----

I was checking for the gasses on the street with Rolo, when Bluejay came up to
chat. I sipped my Jolt pensively, staring at the cracks in the ground. Rolo was
on his belly, examining.

"What's happening here?" asked Bluejay, "What are you doing?"

"Gasses," said Rolo, waving his arms wildly. "They're ... everywhere."

"Gasses?" asked Bluejay, slowly pulling his notebook out of his back pocket.

"Yeah, we have to check for them," said Rolo. "Fool, give me that screwdriver."

I handed the screwdriver to Rolo, and then smiled at Bluejay. He didn't look
very pleased, like, perhaps, he had bad gas.

"It's very late. You should clear out of here," said Bluejay.

I looked down at Rolo, who was clearing something out of a crack with the
screwdriver. He ignored Bluejay, and I could tell that the man was getting very
displeased.

"You have to just - scrape it out like that, and ..." muttered Rolo to himself.
"Pliers?" he said, reaching his hand out at me.

I took a sip of my Jolt and handed him the pliers. Rolo muttered on about how
many gasses there were in the street tonight.

"Fucking nutjobs," said Bluejay, walking away. He was shaking his head in
disgust, and didn't return my goodbye wave.

"Fool," said Rolo, looking up at me. "Get down here, check it out."

We both caught some of the gasses and put them in my Jolt bottle, which I then
sealed with some sticky tape I'd found at Arlene's, so that I wouldn't forget
and accidentally sip them.

We gathered our tools and walked carefully down towards Noseful Reggie's spot
to show him what the gasses were like. Hopefully he would buy them from us, and
we would then exercise our rights as good capitalist citizens by putting the
cash into the economy, and getting me some more Jolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment