Saturday, September 26, 2009

the Ridiculous and the Handyman (Part 1)

(Part 1)

the Ridiculous is everywhere.

And now, it has been acknowledged. I had been writing my series of poems and prose for some time, and while the pieces brought some cheer and, perhaps, humorous enjoyment to some, the Ridiculous had never been fully acknowledged in real life, in person.

All this changed on the day I called the building handyman to come over and unclog my bathroom sink. The sink had been left uncleaned for about six months, as I had been immersed in other endeavours, and so a patina about two or three inches high -- of mold, fungus, etc. -- had built up around the sinkhole. The variety of colors and textures was really quite remarkable in this progress. After an amount of build up, I had taken to purchasing cheap little plastic figures of spacemen and such, sticking them into the sink. They were brave explorers in this strange 'alienesque' world, boldly going where no man has gone before upon the fractal terrain. I had begun taking pictures of them and posting them on flickr and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment