Saturday, March 13, 2010

Walking With Daddy

Mommy said that Daddy was going to take me out for a walk. She said too much time inside the house was bringing me 'inert'. This is an old trick that one parent uses to attain balance with the other parent. There are always two ...

"Okay," I shrugged. "Where you gonna take me? The park?"

"No," said Daddy. "If you go to the park, the dogs may eat you. We are going somewhere else. I am going to take you to a place where you can eat fries. With cheese. And chilli."

As the scenery revolved I flashed a terrified glance at Mommy. "Really?" said my baby eyes. "You're sending me out into the world with this mental case?"

"He's your father," she nodded. And I know that when she turned away a small tear came out of one of her eyes. The left one.

No comments:

Post a Comment