Friday, September 16, 2016

Sometimes I Wake Up and I'm Only A Leg

Then there are the nights when I wake up at 3am and I'm just a leg. I am my leg, but just the leg, and nothing else.

"But what does that even mean? Just a leg? Is there a thigh? A knee? A lower leg? Any hips?"

No hips.

"Why is it always so dark with you?"

I'm a leg. I don't come with eyes.

"Well, one time, I--"

Yeah, no. I don't want to hear that.

.

Nobody spoke for at least nine million years. Then someone asked:

How is it coming along?

"Still researching inverse kinematics, why don't you sit down and relax a little, Anxious? Make use of that fine pulmonary system you have flowing there."

Aha.

"What."

It's just. Just you'll never know that I am only a pair of lungs. Floating in mid-air.

Also, nobody knew that inside human legs, there is a very secret and very long middle finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment