Saturday, May 14, 2016

You're Not A Soda, Miranda (Act III will take some time)

MIRANDA
"I admired you. You were all to me. Then I found out you named me after a soda."

PROSPERO
"Mirinda is a soft drink from Spain, Miranda. Don't worry--you're something more special than that. Riverfr0zen, my magic robes, please."

RIVERFR0ZEN
Here, art your Ariels.

PROSPERO
I don't want shruggery. No cynicism. My magic is too powerful.

RIVERFR0ZEN
I shall begin to sing a song, then fall asleep, then wake up and continue whereupon I had previously stopped.

PROSPERO
Yes. You do that, and I will be very charming to usurpers. Show them my sleepy spirit.

RIVERFR0ZEN
Show me wherever. On whatever device


PROSPERO

And Why have we stopped speaking within speech quotes?


RIVERFR0ZEN
Ah. The Tempest. Are you going to make a very long speech that I will be expected to hark?
 

PROSPERO
I am preparing my long speech now. You will read and understand everything.


RIVERFR0ZEN
(At the audience)
This is
meant for you, not for cold hearted and dispassionate sleeping spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment