Saturday, August 3, 2013

pears, apples. nectarines

Those golden bananas (no way those things are real).

I pick up a plum and then let it go because it doesn't have any information or story of where it came from inscribed upon it.

"Or so you think," she giggles at me and I immediately turn (tank-style) to face her. "You just don't know about biogenetics." She sticks her tongue out.

"I know about it," I tell her angrily, which makes her laugh again. Apparently this laugh at angry man thing is a survival mechanic for the sort of women who wear clothes they found at the bottom of a box of cereal.

"It's not a discipline," she says, it's just a code of things you get to know by experiencing viscerally. By touching. And tasting."

I throw a plum at her foot and the harlequin flutters off to the bread stand.

This is a power I realize...throwing things. I pick up a plum and throw it at a man who is trying to hoard the smoked salmon...

No comments:

Post a Comment